Type/Duration of Appointment: 10 months
Start Date: 1 September 2018 - 30 June 2019
Job Reference: VA 02/2018
The aim of the traineeships is to provide junior civil servants and other qualified applicants with opportunities for training and familiarisation with the work and functions of the EFTA Secretariat.
Field of work
The trainees will be assigned to a specific division of the EFTA Secretariat according to the academic field of specialisation, personal preferences and career objectives.
Posts are offered within the following divisions and fields of work and duty stations:
- Secretary General's Office - communication (Brussels), general (Geneva)
- EEA Coordination Division - general and legal (Brussels)
- Goods Division - general (Brussels)
- Services, Capital, Persons and Programmes Division - general (Brussels)
- EFTA Statistical Office - general (Luxembourg), this position is subject to confirmation
Please note that candidates need to specify their preferred division/area of interest in the online application tool.
• University degree within law, economics, political science, international relations or other relevant and equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of standard office IT applications (Microsoft Office).
• Work experience of 1-2 years in a governmental service and knowledge of the EEA agreement would be an advantage.
• An analytical mind with ability to draft good quality documents in English.
• A flexible and motivated team player and capable of taking on a wide variety of tasks, both complex and more basic.
• Fluency in both spoken and written English.
• Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
Traineeships at the EFTA Secretariat are open to nationals of the EFTA Member States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland).
Trainees receive a flat monthly allowance (net of taxes) of EUR 1 540 if stationed in Brussels, and
CHF 2 425 if stationed in Geneva. Accommodation in individual flats will be provided by EFTA.
Applications have to be submitted via the EFTA online recruitment tool. Shortlisted candidates are contacted by phone. Interviews are normally conducted via Skype.
Please be aware of the following:
• Your application will only be considered if you are a national of one of the EFTA Member States.
• All requested information on education, work experience, motivation, etc., should be filled in on the application form.
• Applications submitted by e-mail will not be taken into consideration.
In the interests of offering this valuable experience to as broad a pool of individuals as possible, former ESA, EFTA Court and EFTA Secretariat trainees will not be eligible to apply for this traineeship.
For any further information, please contact EFTA Human Resources:
Ms Eveline Snauwaert, email@example.com, tel. +32 (0)2 286 17 07
Merk: Internshipet kan også kvalifisere for Erasmus+ stipend. Les mer her
|Telefon:||+32 (0)2 286 17 07|
The European Free Trade Association (EFTA) is the intergovernmental organisation of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland. It was set up in 1960 by its then seven Member States for the promotion of free trade and economic integration between its members.
The Headquarters in Geneva deals with the management and negotiation of free trade agreements with non-EU countries, and provide support to the EFTA Council. In Brussels, the Secretariat provides support for the management of the EEA Agreement.